Looking Through Asia

  After trying to use just the book pages for the tunnel,  I realized the paper was too thin to support the pages.  I used bristol vellum board for the collage support.
Altered Time Life Library The Land and Wildlife of Tropical Asia
This is my first tunnel book.  



I started constructing the tunnel book with a traditional accordion to bind the sides of the pages.  But after spending so much time, and becoming very attached to my collages, I decided that I wanted the viewers to see all of the pages.  I bound each page only on one side to create a 16 page accordion book.  Every page can be seen.   
Of the Sea

A Medley of People

An Insect Melting Pot

The Monsoons of Tropical Asia

Beasts of Royalty

Rice Paddies in Thailand

The Renewing Volcanoes

Before the Deluge

The Death of a Red "Goddess"

In the Forest

The Cornucopia of Tropical Asia

Rare Parasite, Common Carnivore

A Hot and Humid Eden


Comments